Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Two new pillows finished

Only two and a half weeks to go till the craft fair at our guild quilt show. I've slowed down the sewing and amped up the preparations for the booth. Today Richard and I pulled out the Easy-up top and tried to figure out where and how things would fit in the available space. 

There's good news and bad news. What I envisioned in my head will fit in the booth. Good! It's going to take much more work, (Bad) unless I can con Rich into doing some of it for me (not so bad). 



Everything needs to be cleaned. The dust and dirt that gets on anything sitting in Richard's shed is unbelievable. So it's not just dusting but washing and scrubbing. Maybe even a bit of dealing with spiders--not my favorite chore. 



The blue pillow is one that I will use as a display and take orders only since the address is personalized. I do want to make one more in a more modern colorway using my parents' old address. That is what I wanted to begin with but couldn't work on at the time, so I made this one with our address.

The neutral pillow is one I made a couple of weeks ago but didn't get to photograph and write about. I think there are two more that I haven't photographed. Maybe I'll get to those later in the week, although it's already Wednesday.



How is it that when I was working, days and weeks seemed to drag along but now they seem to fly along at a warp-speed? I don't seem to be able to keep up with my own plans. 



And that's been most of my week. Sewing, cleaning, and preparing for my first craft show in a very long time. If all goes well, a friend and I are thinking of having a booth at another local show and friends have encouraged me to consider shows in their towns. I'm not making any committments, though, until I see how this one works. 


I did not enjoy the show we did in Natchitoches a few years ago. It was so very cold, which definitely added to my misery. Then there were the dismal sales and not knowing what or how to manage anything. Hopefully, planning will help and the weather will cooperate. We'll see.


Link It Up

2 comments:

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Good luck, Mary! Great pillows!
Cheers,
Sylvia@Treadlestitches

somethingrosemade14@blogspot.com said...

Hope your craft show is a success! I hope you share photos of your booth; curious minds would like to see them.