Thursday, November 2, 2017

Flowers, parks and shirts, Oh My Some Finishes!

I've been busy writing segments for my Write 31 Days series, which is now complete. There aren't as many as I'd hoped, but I'm happy with the articles I did churn out. You can find links to all 16 posts on the introductory piece here. 


I managed to do a few other things in between the writing and the sewing. One of the more important things was delivering flowers to the cemeteries where family members are buried. My great-grandparents and grandparents (on my mother's side) are all buried in Moreauville. It's about 30 miles away so we started there. 




Then we went to Dupont where the parents are buried. The flowers were originally going to be the yellows and oranges, but my niece (or sister?) had added some of these reds not long ago, so I mixed them into the ones I'd brought. All together, they really fill out Mom's vase.

Over the weekend we joined the kids for Trick or Treating at a local campground. I brought candy for about 300 kids and ran out! There were kids everywhere. They came one at a time, then in small groups, then in large groups. After that, I just didn't look up. I took these pictures as we were driving away on Sunday. 





It's beautiful, but truthfully this is typical for a Central Louisiana park. Large pines, a few hardwoods, lots of shade and a large lake. This one is good for swimming, fishing, boating. I love this state!


Since I'm handling Halloween, I thought I'd show a pic of Marley's entry in the pumpkin contest at her school--a pirate pumpkin.

And lastly, a few pictures of the shirts that I worked on for my broken-wrist friend. She is doing better but still in lots of pain at times. I'm very disappointed that she won't be coming with a small group of ladies who are going to the Houston Quilt Festival.



These sigmas are a real pain! Look at all the turns on just half of the letter. I was happy to finish the two shirts and grateful that there weren't more.

If you were surprised by my announcement that I'll be at the Houston Quilt Festival, I actually will be there for two days! My sister and a friend are coming along, and we'll be hanging out with another of my sisters who lives near Houston. 

I'm not taking my sewing machine, but don't think that I didn't consider it. I just know that I won't be capable of doing anything after walking around, taking pictures, and shopping. If you've been, you know that every thing is a mile away from where ever you are.



I hope you'll be in Houston! I wish I'd had enough sense to plan a get together with blogger friends. If you're going and want to say hello, email me at mary.marcotte@gmail.com or text me. My cell number is on my email, so you may already have it. I'd love to meet you in person!

3 comments:

Karen S said...

Wow, you are having a busy time. How did you fit it all in when you were working? I think it is wonderful to have the time to do all of these things.
Have a great time in Houston!

Kaja said...

Have a great time in Houston - I wish I were going!

Mary Marcotte said...

Thanks Karen and Kaja! I had a fabulous time in Houston! Oh so many beautiful quilts. I'll share very soon.
You know, I don't think I did fit it all in when I was working. I think I'm getting more of the good life now that I'm not working. Haha, that would make sense, wouldn't it? Can't wait to get into my studio tomorrow!