Thursday, December 7, 2017

A Quilted Art Piece ~~ finish!


 There are many posts that need to be written, but it seems that though I completed a piece, I haven't shown it to you. So I'm using it as my finish for the week. Otherwise, I'll have to show you the holes in the walls, again. The only thing about those is that the pros are finished creating the holes. Not very interesting.


 The story begins back in June as we were preparing for our trip across the Southwest. I teased you with this little snippet. I finished hand-quilting the piece on the way home and let it languish while I thought about what to do next. Then sometime in August or September, I decided to take another look and mounted the piece on a frame that Richard built specifically for this piece. 



But I wasn't crazy about it. I kept thinking it wanted something else, but it wouldn't say what that something was. Eventually I set it aside and moved on to other projects. Leta, my friend who taught art before we retired, came by. We've been friends long enough that we're quite at home when we're together, so she doesn't mind looking around at my stuff. And commenting on my work. All of which is done with great love and encouragement. 


She ran across "this piece leaning up on the wall" and couldn't seem to get enough of it. When I told her a bit about it, she loved my concept. In short, she sold me on my own piece! Yes, the more she liked it, the more I felt confident that it really is the art piece that I intended. Don't you love good friends? 



Link Ups
Thanks to the Hosts!

5 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

I agree with your friend. It's a great looking piece!!

Kaja said...

Something not working here for me - no photos!

Sandy Panagos said...

I like it a lot, too. Sometimes we just need a little confirmation!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I too really like your quilt. It is an interesting piece and like any art will say different things to different people.

Marty Mason said...

What's not to love about this spectacular work of art! So glad you have good friends who can appreciate you and yours.