Thursday, March 15, 2018

Pin It Weekly #237

Hotel Monteleone in the French Quarter of New Orleans, LAMy Pinterest is growing! Yes, indeed, I've been pinning. Not as much as I'd like, but I do have other social media demands. (Ha!)

I recently found a few more quilts for "heart, quilts" and (this is crazy) more covered bridges.  Are there that many covered bridges?

Plus, I added to my "Louisiana, home" board with mostly New Orleans photos. There are well over 200 pins on this one board.

Le Pavillon Hotel—New Orleans, Louisiana.
We love the city and have been many, many times (especially when we were young), so we've seen almost every one of the places on this board. I've stayed at Hotel Monteleone in the French Quarter, Le Pavillion on Poydras Street, and a couple of places on Canal Street.


Richard and I especially enjoyed spending a weekend in the city to attend a show at the Sanger Theater, eat at one of the fabulous restaurants, and just enjoy a stroll along one of the city streets or ride a trolley car. The architecture of NOLA is unrivaled, and the museums offer interesting, often-changing displays. I saw the King Tut treasures in NOLA in 1978. 

Typical French Quarter courtyardMy favorite place to stay. Hot biscuits and cafe au lait for breakfast in the courtyard.

SOUTHERN CHARM-NEW ORLEANS - The courtyard of the Ritz Carlton Hotel in New Orleans #NOLA


 Love the setting...as long as it's not a naughty bar. #markeric

New Orleans photography, new orleans prints, large wall art, french quarter art, nola art, historic architecture, teal decor, travel by DreameryPhoto on Etsy https://www.etsy.com/listing/249757919/new-orleans-photography-new-orleans

How to See New Orleans (NOLA) in Style for Less $$New Orleans shady courtyard and fountain.

New Orleans Courtyard

St Charles trolley in New Orleans is the oldest continuously operated street railway in the world.


New Orleans

Preservation Hall by Rocco Biscieglia, via 500pxCafé Du Monde ~ beignets and chicory coffee

New Orleans Lafayette Cemetery No.1

 bookstore in the french quarter, new orleans, la

Recipe for New Orleans Crawfish Boil - I promise you’ll enjoy this cajun delicacy.If you've never come to New Orleans, now is the perfect time. The weather is perfect, kids are still in school so there are fewer visiting families, and crawfish season is upon us. You can get them cooked in a number of ways: boiled, jambalaya, red or brown gravy, etouffe, po'boys and deep fried with a slew of other wonderful seafood delicacies. 

And that's just one meat. Imagine what we do with shrimp, fish, oysters, rice, beans, (well, you get the idea). As the saying goes: 
Come home to Louisiana.

3 comments:

Ann said...

We were there last year and it was such fun. I haven't seen all the places you list but have gone to several. DH and I travelled annually with the band to march in one of the Mardi Gras parades. What memories. Thanks.

Kaja said...

How I wish I could!

Erika said...

You should let me know one of the times you're coming down- I'd love to get lunch!